SAFETY GUIDELINES AND BEST PRACTICES
BEST PRACTICES FOR CHIBITRONICS KITS
- Sketch: Draw your design first, so you’ll only have to tape once.
- Single Continuous Copper: Do not tape multiple copper tape pieces together to create electrical connections. This will not work since the glue on the tape is not conductive.
- Smooth: Smooth the surface of the copper tape so that it’s shiny, bright and has a solid connection. If you use a pencil eraser to do so, make sure to clear any eraser bits.
- Set: Press firmly on the circuit sticker and count to five seconds for a strong bond.
- Single Use Only! Wash and dry hands prior to using. Our stickers don’t like water, oil, or dirt to come between themselves and a great connection.
SAFETY GUIDELINES FOR CHIBITRONICS
- Choking hazard. Not for children under 3 years.
- Papercut hazard. Copper tape and paper edges can cut skin.
- Do not put any components in mouth, eyes, or nose.
- Seek medical attention immediately if batteries are swallowed. Have physician call the NATIONAL BATTERY INGESTION HOTLINE for advice and follow-up: (202) 625 3333 collect day or night.
- Keep copper tape and other components clear of AC power plugs and outlets.
- Store each battery separately and away from copper tape, binder clips, or other metal parts. This avoids unintentional connections that can drain the batteries.