Hi crafty friends!
This is Eiko and I make light up tree shaker card using Chibitronics and Lawn Fawn merry mice kit.
This card has a battery holder so you can easily replace the battery.
Prepare these parts.
- Die cut the pattern paper and 3mm thick foam sheet using stitched Christmas tree frame die.
- Die cut the acetate sheet, white cardstock and two types of pattern paper using outside in stitched Christmas tree die.
- Die cut white cardstock using stitched Christmas tree frame die and stitched hillside borders die.
- Die cut white cardstock and 2mm thick foam sheet using outside in stitched Christmas tree die and stitched hillside borders die.
- Stamp the mouse, tree, star, stool and ornament onto white cardstock. Color the parts with Copic markers and die cut using coordinate die.
- Die cut 2mm thick foam sheet using skating mice die.
- Die cut red foil paper using let it snow border die.
- Cut the pattern paper into the shape of an envelope holder.
~Make the circuit~
Put the tree frame and the other parts, mark the position of the lights.
- Stick the pattern paper tree behind the white cardstock tree.
- Mark the position of the Chibitronics.
- Draw the circuit with a pencil.
- Use a craft knife to make a slit to pass the copper tape.
Make the envelope battery holder referring to this page.
Stick the envelope battery holder above the slit.
Pass the copper tape through the slit.
- Stick the copper tape on the pre-drawn path.
- Place LED stickers on top of the copper tape.
- Stick short copper tape on the edges of the LED to reinforce.
~Assemble the card~
- Glue small vellum piece behind the hole.
- Stick the pattern paper tree on the circuit tree.
- Stick tree, star, mice, stool and large hillside border parts on the pattern paper tree.
- Stick the foam sheet frame on the pattern paper tree.
- Stick the skating mice and small hillside border parts on the form sheet and stick it on the pattern paper tree.
- Put the chunky glitter on the edge of the hillside border parts.
- Put the shaker fillers into the tree frame.
- Stick the acetate tree on the foam sheet frame.
- Stick the pattern paper tree frame on the acetate tree.
- Stick the sentiment on the tree.
- Pass the twine through the hole.
Finished! When you put the battery in the battery holder, the LED turn on.
To turn the battery holder on, tuck the top flat between the outside band and the negative lead.
To turn the battery holder off, tuck the top flat between the negative lead and the battery.
And please see my blog for detailed tutorial.
Thank you for stopping by!
- Chibitronics Red, Yellow, Blue Mega Pack
- Chibitronics Pink, Orange, Green Mega Pack
- Copper Tape
- CR2032 3V coin cell battery
- Lawn Fawn holiday kit
- Lawn Fawn mice on ice stamp
- Lawn Fawn mice on ice die
- Lawn Fawn stitched Christmas tree frames die
- Lawn Fawn outside in stitched Christmas tree stackables die
- Lawn Fawn stitched hillside borders die
- Lawn Fawn let it snow border die
- Lawn Fawn beanie remix paper
- Lawn Fawn mittens remix paper
- Lawn Fawn wool socks remix paper
- Lawn Fawn white cardstock
- Lawn Fawn vellum
- Lawn Fawn clear acetate
- Lawn Fawn chunky glitter
- Lawn Fawn prisma glitter
- Lawn Fawn mistletoe single cord
- Darice foamies foam sheet 3mm white
- Darice foamies foam sheet 2mm white