Hi Everyone! This is Tiffany and I am here to show you my card feature a birthday yeti waving to you up in the starry night sky. This card used a slider switch to activate this light stickers and move the yeti arm.
Here are the steps to create this card:
- First I prep the front of my card by coloring the night sky with distress inks. Then I die cut a large circle from another white card stock using a large scallop circle die. Color the scalloped circle with grey ink and added some distressed grey strips to the front. Glue the die cut panel onto the the night sky panel and then added the scalloped circle.
- Stamp out my yeti image twice in copic friendly black ink and color it using copic markers. I fussy cut one whole yeti minus one arm and then cut out the second yeti arm only.
- I stamp out a couple of stars onto my night sky using versamark ink and heat emboss it with sliver embossing powder. Placed that over my card base and used my pen blade to ‘dot’ the middle of each star to mark their places onto the card base.
- Create my LED circuit using white LED stickers making sure to placed them right where the star are located.
- Placed double layers of foam tape around my card and single layer of foam tape around my battery.
- To create my waving arm, I used a tiny white brads to place down where the arm needs to be and connect it to an acetate strip (1) with glue. The end of strip (1) will be connected to acetate strip (2) using tiny brads and strip (2) will be connected at the other end to my slider strip. (This basically creates a elbow joint for your card)
- To assemble the card I tucked the elbow joint into a slit I made right behind where the yeti will be and tuck the slider strip into the battery slot and then taped the front panel down into my card base.
- Stamp out my sentiment and glue with down into place and last glue my yeti into place.
I hope you enjoy my tutorial and here is a list of the supplies I used:
- Chibitronics Starter Kit
- Chibitronics White LED Stickers
- Chibitronics Copper Tape
- Distress Oxide Inks in Cracked Pistachio, Broken China, Faded Jeans, Iced Spruce
- Mama Elephant Yeti In The City Stamp Set
- MFT Stitched Scalloped Die Sets
- Copic Markers
- 3M Foam Tape
- Clear Acetate Sheets
- Pen Blade (size 11)
- Black Memento Ink & VersaMark Sticky Ink
- Sliver Embossing Powder