Hi, crafty friends!
This is Eiko and I make light up love berry card using Chibitronics and Waffle Flower Crafts stamps and dies.
I used the reed switch on this card. So when you move the magnet closer to the switch, the switch turns on and Chibitronics glows.
Reed switch has two ferrous reeds. When the reed switch is exposed to a magnetic field, the two reeds inside the switch pull together and the switch closes. When the magnetic field is removed, the reeds separate and the switch opens.
I will make the parts referring to the picture below.
- 4.25x11inch vanilla malt cardstock
- 4.25×5.5inch vanilla malt and white cardstock
- Die cut cilantro cardstock using grid panel die.
- Prepare the parts using the apartment builder die.
- Stamp the strawberry, flower and butterfly onto white cardstock.
- Stamp the strawberry onto vellum paper.
- Stamp the sentiment onto black banner part and heat embossing with white embossing powder.
- Color the motifs with Copic markers.
- Cut out the strawberries with a craft knife.
- Die cut the motifs using the coordinating die.
- Adhere the apartment parts on the vanilla malt cardstock.
- Place the strawberry motif on the window frame and mark the lights with a pencil.
- Make a hole at the mark.
- Put the cover panel on white cardstock and mark the lights with a pencil.
- Make a switch at the leaf on the upper left.
- Mark the position of the battery and Chibitronics.
- Draw the circuit with a pencil.
- Place the switch in the middle of the positive side circuit.
- Adhere the copper tape on the drawing path.
- Adhere the red Chibitronics on the mark.
- Adhere the reed switch on the copper tape using the conductive fabric tape.
- Adhere copper tape on the Chibitronics to reinforce.
- Adhere a washer on the upper and lower of the switch and upper left of the card base.
- Adhere foam tape around the card base.
- Adhere vellum paper on the back of the strawberry motif.
- Adhere the strawberry motif on the window frame.
- Adhere the sentiment and flower motif using thin foam tape.
- Adhere the cover panel on the card base.
- Adhere the finished parts on two folded vanilla malt cardstock.
- Apply the double-sided tape on the magnet and adhere the magnet on the back of the butterfly.
I finished it!
When you put butterfly parts on leaves, the strawberries glow.
Be sure to check out the whole video tutorial for more details.
And please see my blog for detailed tutorial.
>>>How to make light up love berry card using reed switch.
Thank you for stopping by!
- Chibitronics Red, Yellow, and Blue LED Sticker Pack
- 3V coin cell battery (CR2016)
- 5mm wide Copper tape
- Conductive Fabric Tape Patches
- reed switch
- 1/2 inch super strong magnets
- Waffle Flower Crafts Let Love Grow Combo
- Waffle Flower Crafts Apartment Builder Die
- Waffle Flower Crafts A2 Grid Panel Die
- Lawn Fawn cardstock cilantro, guava, vanilla malt, paper bag
- Lawn Fawn gotta have gingham petite paper pack
2 thoughts on “How to make light up love berry card using reed switch.”
OMG!!!! This is awesome! I just got the Apartment builder dies and adding the Chibitronics would be amazing.
Oh wow, cute!!!!
Comments are closed.