Hello crafty friends,
today I’m back with this out of this world card. I love creating this kind of cards, because I love creating galaxy backgrounds. And the images from Lawn Fawn are so cute. They don’t scare, they make you smile!
As always I’ve created A video for you to see how I’ve made this card. It is a pretty simple one. But the recipients are always impressed! They don’t know other light up cards.
- First I stamped all the images and colored them with my Copic Markers. I used the coordinating dies to cut the images out.
- I created the galaxy background using my Distress Inks Vilted Violet, Peacock Feathers and Chipped Sapphire. For the ground I’ve used Antique Linen and Aged Mahagoni. On the galaxy Background I splattered some water and some acrylic paint to imitate the stars.
- On my Ufo I stitched some wholes, I wanted the UFO to light up. The wholes I created also on the galaxy background and painted the wholes on the card base. Know I can start creating my simple circuit. A piece of paper is my switch. I connected the LEDs with the battery. + side to + side, and – to -. Always make sure, that the copper tape strings don’t touch each other.
- I always try to hide the thickness of the card. So I cut (on the galaxy panel) out where the battery is. As I tape the ground panel on top, nobody will see the whole Ive made. So in total I use 3 layers of 3M foam tape so the battery don’t touch the copper tape on the switch. It is high enough you can press without ruin the card.
- Now its time to glue down the critters and stamp the images. And the card is all done.
I hope you enjoyed my card idea for today. Please don’t forget to visit my YouTube channel to see the tutorial video. I wish you all a happy Sunday.
Have an Out of This World Birthday