Hello, friends! It’s Wei Wei here with this cute light up pop up card featuring Chibitronics LED and Lawn Fawn Mermaid For You stamp set.
Here are my supplies:
- One 14.2 x 21 cm white cardstock. (Measure 11 cm and 10 cm in lengthwise and fold )
- One 14.2 x 21 cm white cardstock. (Measure 10.3 cm, 0.4 cm, 10.3 cm in lengthwise and fold)
- One 14.2 x 20 cm white chipboard which thickness is approximately 0.1 cm, is as same as the CR2016 battery.
- Two inked waves and one inked background.
- CR2016 battery
- Lawn Fawn Mermaid For You stamp set
- Chibitronics Red, Yellow, and Blue LED Sticker Pack
- White MegaPack (30 LED stickers)
- Copper tape
- Conductive Fabric Tape
- Love to Code – Drawing Stencil
- Battery holder template made by myself
First, I drew the position of the battery holder and switch on the 14.2 x 20 cm white chipboard, and cut out. Then, I adhered the chipboard to the cardstock (14.2 x 21 cm white cardstock which is measured 10.3 cm, 0.4 cm, 10.3 cm in lengthwise and folded). Next, I built my circuit with Copper tape and Conductive Fabric Tape. I cut a tiny gap at the place where the switch made at there. For the switch, I adhered one piece of rectangle paper to the cardstock and I added a chipboard wrapped with Conductive Fabric Tape underneath the rectangle. The function of rectangle paper is just like pull tab.
I added three white LED stickers from White MegaPack (30 LED stickers) on the background circuit.
Next, I cut two pop ups on the another 14.2 x 21 cm white cardstock. (Measured 11 cm and 10 cm in lengthwise and folded ). I adhered the pop up cardstock on the chipboard and used Conductive Fabric Tape to connect the background circuit with wave circuit.
As you see, I added the yellow LED sticker and red LED sticker (from Chibitronics Red, Yellow, and Blue LED Sticker Pack) to other paper pieces, and then adhered them behind the waves. To complete the whole circuit, I connected the wave circuit and LED stickers with Conductive Fabric Tape.
I made a step by step video or you can watch it over on my YouTube Channel:
That is all from my side today. I hope you were inspired and give Chibitronics products a try!
Have a great day.