Hi, crafty friends!
This is Eiko and I make light up elephant shaker card using Chibitronics and Mama elephant stamps and dies.
When you pull the pull tab, the balloons glow.
I will make the parts referring to the picture below.
- Folded ocean blue glimmery cardstock.
- Circuit card base.
- Die cut light blue cover panel with cloud die and frame die.
- Die cut 3mm thick foam sheet with two cloud dies.
- Die cut acetate sheet with cloud die.
- Die cut silver deco sheet with two cloud dies.
- Die cut white cardstock with small cloud die and stamp the elephant.
- Stamp another elephant and sentiment onto white cardstock.
- Two pull tab parts. (0.5 x 2 inch)
- Two switch parts. (0.5 x 0.5 inch)
- Vellum paper for the balloon.
- Die cut 2mm thick foam sheet with balloon die.
- Color the elephant and sentiment with Copic markers.
- (C0, C2, R000, W0, W2, RV00, B00, Y00, YG11)
- Cut out the balloon with a craft knife.
- Place the all parts on the cover panel, mark the balloon with a pencil.
- Cut out the upper left balloon with a craft knife.
- Put the cover panel on white cardstock and mark the cloud and balloons with a pencil.
- Draw three lines at 1/4 intervals from 1/2 inch from the bottom.
- Draw a line of 1 inch length from the 1/4th inch from the right end of the middle line.
- Cut the slit with 1 inch length and 1 mm width with a craft knife.
- Mark the position of the Chibitronics and the battery.
- Draw the circuit with a pencil.
- Adhere the double-sided tape on the position of the battery.
- Adhere the copper tape on the drawing path.
- At the position of the battery, peel off the release paper, adhere the negative side copper tape, turn it back and cut it.
- Pass the end of the positive side copper tape through the slit and adhere about 1/2 inch tape on the back side.
- Place the battery on the copper tape with the positive side up and adhere the positive side copper tape on the battery.
- Adhere the green and pink Chibitronics on the mark.
- Adhere copper tape on the Chibitronics to reinforce. (You can omit this step.)
Make the switch part.
- Fold square parts in half.
- Insert the switch part into the slit.
- Place the switch part on the right end of the slit and adhere the copper tape, so that it is at the same position as the copper tape of the circuit attached on the card base.
- Pull the switch part out of the slit and adhere copper tape around it.
- Make cross-shaped parts like this.
- Insert the switch part into the slit and confirm that the LED turns on.
- Adhere a double-sided tape on the switch part.
- Adhere the pull tab parts from the front and back.
- Adhere two parts together with thin foam tape.
- Adhere the cloud shaped foam sheet on the circuit card base.
- Adhere vellum paper on the back of the balloon.
- Cut along the outline.
- Put the elephant part on foam sheet and mark the balloon with a pen.
- Cut about 1 mm outside of the mark.
- Adhere vellum paper and foam sheet on the back of the balloon.
- Adhere the cloud part inside the cloud shaped foam sheet.
- Adhere foam tape around the card base.
- Adhere the cover panel on the card base.
- Put the sequin in the frame.
- Adhere the acetate sheet and deco sheet on the foam sheet.
- Adhere the elephant part on the cover panel.
- Adhere the sentiment on the cover panel using foam tape.
- Adhere the double-sided tape on the back of the card base.
- Adhere the finished parts on two folded cardstock.
- Add four color drops to the upper right of the cover panel.
I finished it!
Be sure to check out the whole video tutorial for more details.
And please see my blog for detailed tutorial.
>>>How to make light up elephant shaker card.
Thank you for stopping by!
- Chibitronics Pink, Orange, and Green LED Sticker Pack
- 3V coin cell battery (CR2016)
- 5mm wide Copper tape
- Mama Elephant fly with me
- Mama Elephant fly with me creative cuts
- Mama Elephant cloud nine creative cuts
- Mama Elephant celebration balloons
- Mama Elephant celebration balloons creative cuts
- Lawn Fawn push here
- Lawn Fawn wishing well 12 inch paper
- Simon Says Stamp cardstock glimmery ocean blue
- Hot off the press heat resistant acetate
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology deco sheets
- Nuvo jewel drops sea breeze
- Nuvo jewel drops rose water
- Nuvo jewel drops limoncello
- Nuvo jewel drops key lime
- Pretty Pink Posh easter sequins mix
- Foamies foam sheet 2mm thick white
- Foamies foam sheet 3mm thick white
How to make light up elephant shaker card.
3 thoughts on “How to make light up elephant shaker card.”
I am in awe of the brilliant idea you have, what a sweet and adorable creation!
OMG! Mustering of the courage to give this a try. This was the exact type of switch mechanism I was looking for. Brilliant! OK…..I have been inspired to give it a go!
What a great card! I can’t wait to give it a try, thank you!
Comments are closed.