Hi, crafty friends!
This is Eiko and I make light up skeleton shaker card.
When you push the switch, the fireflies glow.
I will make the parts referring to the picture below.
- Die cut pattern paper with star frame die.
- Die cut foam sheet with star frame die.
- Die cut acetate sheet with large star die.
- Die cut light green paper with small star die.
- Stamp the sentiment onto light green parts.
- Die cut foam sheet with small star die.
- Place the battery on the small star foam sheet and trace the outline and cut out with a craft knife.
- Switch part.
- Stamp the fireflies onto white cardstock.
- Color the fireflies with Copic markers.
- Cut out the fireflies’ butts with a craft knife.
- Adhere vellum paper on the back of the butts.
- Apply double-sided tape on the back of the fireflies.
- Die cut the fireflies with coordinating die.
Cut the Chibitronics.
I will explain how to cut using this model of Chibitronics.
- Clean off the adhesive on the back of the Chibitronics.
- Write the position of the LED and resistor.
- Draw the cut line.
- Leave one of the two circuits connected to the positive electrode.
- Cut along the line with scissors.
The making video is here.
Cut the real Chibitronics.
- Make a hole with a needle in the electrode.
- Pass the conductive thread through the hole.
- Tie the thread.
Adhere the finished part on firefly part.
- Put the positive side thread upwards.
- Put the negative side thread downward.
- Adhere the conductive fabric tape on the tie.
- Adhere another firefly part.
- Make the same three.
- Adhere the star frame foam sheet on the acetate sheet with glue.
- Adhere the light green star outside the bottom of the acetate star.
- Adhere the little star foam sheet inside the bottom of the acetate star.
- Adhere the switch part on the center of the little star foam sheet.
- Adhere the copper tape on the star frame.
- Adhere firefly parts on the frame using conductive fabric tape.
Put the Scotch tape on the thread so that the thread does not touch the side of the battery.
- Adhere the small star foam sheet on the switch using glue.
- Adhere another foam frame on the foam frame using glue.
- Insert rhinestones.
- Adhere the acetate sheet on the foam frame.
- Adhere the star frame and star part on the acetate sheet.
I finished it!
Be sure to check out the whole video tutorial for more details.
And please see my blog for detailed tutorial.
Thank you for stopping by!
- Chibitronics Pink, Orange, and Green LED Sticker Pack
- Chibitronics Red, Yellow, and Blue LED Sticker Pack
- 3V coin cell battery (CR2016)
- 5mm wide Copper tape
- Conductive Fabric Tape Patche
- Conductive Thread
- Lawn Fawn little fireflies
- Lawn Fawn little fireflies lawn cuts
- Lawn Fawn push here
- Lawn Fawn outside in stitched star stackables
- Lawn Fawn stitched star frames
- Lawn Fawn hydrangea 12 inch paper
- Hot off the press heat resistant acetate
- Foamies foam sheet 2mm thick white
- White vellum paper
- Light green cardstock
- White cardstock