Hi, crafty friends!
This is Eiko and I make light up see-through circuit potbelly tag using Chibitronics and Papertrey Ink stamps and dies.
You can see the inside circuit from the outside.
I will make the parts referring to the picture below.
- Die cut brown cardstock with reindeer die.
- Die cut red cardstock with nose die.
- Die cut cream cardstock with muzzle, antlers and ears dies.
- Die cut black cardstock with front and back hooves dies.
- Die cut acetate sheet with 3.25 inches circle die.
- Two acetate pull tab parts size 2.25 x 0.5 inches.
- Two acetate switch parts size 0.5 inch square.
- Two clear bubbles.
- Die cut double-sided adhesive sheet using the 3.25 and 2.75 inches circle dies.
- Adhere the die cut parts on the reindeer body.
- Stamp the eyes using Memento tuxedo black ink.
- Stamp the sentiment using Versamark and heat embossing with white embossing powder.
~Make the circuit~
- Die cut the copy paper using 3.25 inches circle die.
- Fold in half and make a crease. Repeat this process three times.
- Place the copy paper on the back of the reindeer body and mark the outline of the circle window.
- Place the heart shaped paper on the copy paper, mark the outline of the heart.
- Mark the position of the battery on the outline of the heart.
- Mark the position of the Chibitronics in the upper right.
- Draw a line at the lower right crease and draw three lines at 1/4 inch intervals.
- Draw a line at the center of the circle and slightly outside the heart outline.
- Put the acetate sheet on the copy paper with washi tape.
- Cut the 1 mm width slit between the two lines with a craft knife.
- Put the double-sided tape on the position of the battery.
- Adhere the copper tape on the drawing path.
- At the position of the battery, peel off the release paper, adhere the negative side copper tape, turn it back and cut it.
- Place the battery on the copper tape with the positive side up.
- Adhere the positive side copper tape on the battery and drawing path.
- Adhere the red Chibitronics on the mark.
- Adhere copper tape on the Chibitronics to reinforce.
- Remove the acetate sheet from the copy paper.
- Adhere the copper tape to the back through a slit.
~Make the switch part~
- Fold square parts in half.
- Insert the switch part into the slit.
- Place the switch part on the right end of the slit and adhere the copper tape.
- Pull the switch part out of the slit and adhere copper tape around it.
- Insert the switch part into the slit and confirm that the LED turns on.
- Put the double-sided tape on the switch part.
- Adhere the pull tab parts from the front and back.
- Adhere two pull tab parts together with clear foam tape.
- Place the clear bubble on the acetate sheet, mark the position of the pull tab.
- Cut along the mark with scissors.
- Put the double-sided tape ring on the clear bubble and cut along the notch.
- Adhere the front side clear bubble to the acetate sheet.
- Put the shaker fillers in the back side clear bubble.
- Adhere the back side clear bubble to the acetate sheet.
- Adhere the clear bubble to the reindeer body.
- Adhere two reindeer body together.
I finished it!
You can see the inside fun shaped circuit from the outside. Please make various shaped circuits and enjoy it.
It is wonderful to make it with wood sheet instead of cardstock.
Be sure to check out the whole video tutorial for more details.
And please see my blog for detailed tutorial.
>>>How to make light up see-through circuit potbelly tag.
Thank you for stopping by!
- Chibitronics Red, Yellow, and Blue LED Sticker Pack
- 3V coin cell battery (CR1220)
- 5mm wide Copper tape
- Papertrey Ink Potbellies Reindeer Die
- Papertrey Ink Potbellies Sentiments Mini Stamp Set
- Papertrey Ink Clear Bubbles Large
- Hero arts Nesting Circle Dies
- Stampin’ Up Window Sheets
- Lawn Fawn Paper Bag cardstock
- Lawn Fawn Vanilla Malt cardstock
- Lawn Fawn Chili Pepper cardstock
- Lawn Fawn Black Licorice cardstock
How to make light up see-through circuit potbelly tag.