Create a new tradition this Holiday season on a miniature scale. Make an origami Christmas tree with sparking ornaments!
- 7 Yellow LED circuit stickers
- 7 Red LED circuit stickers
- 2 Strips of 16” – 18″ copper tape
- (1) 6″ x 6″ light green Astrobright paper (or origami paper)
- (1) 5″ x 5″ light green Astrobright paper (or origami paper)
- (1) 1/2″ x 6″ strip of yellow quilling paper (or you can cut 1/2″ strips from a 8.5″ x 11″ sheet of regular paper)
- (2) 3V coin batteries
- White glue
- 2 Small binder clips
- Scotch tape
- (Optional) Beads or Lucky Paper Stars
- (Optional) Double-sided scotch tape
- (Optional) X-ato knife
Before you start: With the 5″ x 5″ and 6″ x 6″ square sheets of paper, you will be making two trees, but one will resemble a tree. The 5″ x 5″ sheet is the electronic insert, holding the LED circuit stickers, and goes inside the actual origami tree made with the 6″ x 6″ square. The insert will have no spikes or a tip. The actual origami tree is made from the 6″ x 6″ sheet of paper. The two pieces will look like these pictured below.
Making the Electronic Tree Insert – 5″ x 5″ square
Making the Origami Pine Tree – 6″ x 6″ square
Similar to making the Tree Insert, only with more instructions and some detailing required at the end. Take the 6″ x 6″ square and repeat the same exact steps above to make the Tree Insert, then continue on to steps below.
At the end the Insert and Tree should all look like these following pictures:
Powering your Tree!
Decorate and dazzle