Hello crafty friends and happy Sunday!
Today I’m here to share with you another pull tab slider switch card. For long time I wanted to use the happy village stamp set. And now I had a good reason. Near to our house we occasionally saw a house that was left. We are searching for two years already to find a house that we a) can pay and b) is more or less what we want. I decided to create a card and ask the owner if he/she would sell. Until now, I didn’t send the card 😀
As always I created a video tutorial for you guys.
But here I will do a little instruction:
- Stamp all images on Neenah solar white paper using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and color with Copic Markers.
- Die cut images using coordinating dies and cut out the little heart in the house using a craft knife.
- Die cut all pieces needed. Card panel and hill borders.
- I placed all pieces like I wanted them so I knew where to put my light.
- I created my simple circuit first. REMINDER: + side from the battery connects with the plus side from the LED. And so does the minus side 😉
- Then I cut out a stripe into the Circuit. I created a “X” shaped paper piece folding the paper forward and backwards. The piece was covered with copper tape.
- The X has to be put in the cut out stripe. Two arms from the “X” under the panel and two on top. When the X is, where the copper tape is, then the circuit is connected again.
- Glue a pull tab on top of the X.
- Circuit panel can now be taped to the card base and the card can be assembled.
- As I always like to hide the thickness of the card, my sky layer has one layer of foam tape, the first hill layer has two layers of foam tape and the third hill layer has three layers of foam tape.
- Add all the houses, clouds and fences and trees.
- On my pull tab I added a green piece of paper, so the recipient would know easier where to pull. I wrote in german “pull here”, as the recipient may just know german.
- Stamp the sentiment. Please stamp the sentiment before assembling the card. I changed my mind and did it last. But I wouldn’t recommend this 😉
- Card is all done.
This was my card for today. I hope I manage to send the card to the house owner. We are just waiting to talk to the neighbors, so we know better about the situation. We don’t want to annoy anyone.
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and I hope to see you back soon! Happy Sunday
|Here are the links for supplies I’ve used. Some of the links are affiliate links. They provide a little commission in case you buy products using my links with no extra costs for you. Products marked with (*) I generously received from the companies to use.