Hi, crafty friends!
This is Eiko and I make light up skunk card using Chibitronics and Lawn Fawn stamps and dies.
I used the reed switch on this card. When you move the magnet behind the skunk motif closer to the switch, the switch turns on and the heart glows.
Reed switch has two ferrous reeds. When the reed switch is exposed to a magnetic field, the two reeds inside the switch pull together and the switch closes. When the magnetic field is removed, the reeds separate and the switch opens.
I will make the parts referring to the picture below.
- 4.25×5.5 inches circuit card base
- 4.25×5.5 inches folded white cardstock
- 4.25×5.5 inches light purple pattern paper
- Die cut sugarplum cardstock using heart garland backdrop die.
- Die cut cilantro cardstock using heart garden border die.
- Stamp the skunks and the flowers onto white cardstock, colored with Copic markers and die cut.
- Stamp the sentiment onto sugarplum cardstock, heat embossing with gold embossing powder and die cut.
- Neodymium magnet and washer
This time I used this circuit template.
- Assemble the card.
- Put the die cut parts on the light purple pattern paper and make a hole at the red heart.
- Put the double-sided tape on the battery place.
- Stick the conductive fabric tape on the pre-drawn path.
- At the battery place, peel off the release paper, stick the negative side fabric tape, fold it back and cut it.
- Stick the positive side fabric tape.
- At the position of the battery leave the positive side fabric tape about 1 inch and cut it.
- Place the battery on the fabric tape with positive side facing up and stick the positive side fabric tape on the battery.
- Stick the reed switch on the conductive fabric tape using the short fabric tape.
- Stick the red Chibitronics on the mark.
- Stick the short fabric tape on the Chibitronics to reinforce.
When you move the magnet closer to the reed switch, the switch turns on and the LED lights up.
Place the washer on the back of the cover panel next to the reed switch.
Stick a neodymium magnet to the back of the skunk motif.
Put the foam tape around the entire edge of the circuit card base.
Stick the cover panel on the circuit card base.
I finished it!
When you move the magnet behind the skunk motif closer to the switch, the switch turns on and the heart glows.
You can make a different card like this by changing the stamps and dies used in the same circuit.
Be sure to check out the whole video tutorial for more details.
Thank you for stopping by!
- Red, Yellow, Blue MegaPack
- 3V coin cell battery (CR2016)
- Conductive fabric tape
- Reed Switch Magnet On
- Lawn Fawn Scent with love
- Lawn Fawn Scent with love lawn cuts
- Lawn Fawn Wood you be mine?
- Lawn Fawn heart garland backdrop portrait
- Lawn Fawn heart garden border
- Lawn Fawn extra sentiment banners
- Lawn Fawn sugarplum cardstock
- Lawn Fawn cilantro cardstock
- Lawn Fawn chili pepper cardstock
- Lawn Fawn guava cardstock
- Lawn Fawn sunflower cardstock
- Lawn Fawn moonstone cardstock
- Lawn Fawn running stitch pattern paper
- Lawn Fawn gold embossing powder
- Lawn Fawn prisma glitter
- Tsukineko Versamark emboss ink pad
- Neenah 80lb smooth solar white paper
- Copic markers
- Neodymium magnet