Hi, crafty friends!
When you push the candle and witch hat, the windows, pumpkin and ghost eyes glow.
First I made Halloween pattern paper using Tim Holtz stamps and inks.
- Stamp randomly large Halloween background (CMS174), spiderweb and spider(CMS139), small script (CMS198) with shadow grey, watering can and coffee Archival Ink respectively.
- Add color with carved pumpkin, crushed olive, squeezed lemonade, milled lavender Distress Marker.
- Color the paper with dried marigold, milled lavender, old paper and black soot Distress Ink.
- Spritz the paper with tarnished brass and brushed pewter Distress Mica Spray.
Cut two pieces of pattern paper using a large tag die. Cut plain paper and 3mm thick foam sheets. Color the entire edge of the plane tag with black soot Distress Ink.
Die cut the Classic Kraft paper with ghost, moon, skull, pumpkin, tree, house and candle die. Then color these with Alcohol Pearl.
Stick the Design Tape randomly on the patterned tag. Place the motifs on it and cut out the windows and pumpkin face.
Put the decorated tag on the plane tag, mark the position of the LED and Power Pack.
Make the circuit. Stick the copper tape on the pre-drawn path.
Apply strong adhesive tape to back of Power Pack (apply only over logo area, avoid getting adhesive near the silver tabs, as it may not allow electricity to flow between your circuit path and the Power Pack).
Pearblossom Press sells Power Pack Kit with white Chibitronics LED sticker and copper tape, but this time I want to use the yellow LED, so I use a single Power Pack.
Adhere Power Pack to tag with positive and negative tabs correctly lined up. Stick the copper tape on the silver tab of Power Pack to the copper tape circuit path. Stick LED sticker on top of the copper tape.
Stick short copper tape on the edges of the LED to reinforce. Push button on Power Pack to test lights.
Stick the foam sheet tag on the circuit tag. Stick another patterned tag behind the circuit tag. Stick the vellum behind the decorated tag.
Stick the decorated tag on the foam sheet tag.
Finished! When you push the candle, the windows and pumpkin face glow.
I make one more tag using effects Add-on sticker. Make decorated tag and circuit tag referring to the picture below.
Stick the foam sheet tag on the circuit tag. Stick another patterned tag behind the circuit tag. Stick the decorated tag on the foam sheet tag.
When you push the witch hat, the ghost eyes flash.
This time I used the Power Pack, so it was super easy to make a glowing tag! Have a try!
And please see my blog for detailed tutorial.
Thank you for stopping by!
- Chibitronics Red, Yellow, Blue Mega Pack
- Chibitronics Pink, Orange, Green Mega Pack
- Chibitronics Stickers Effects Add-On + Stencil
- Copper Tape
- Pearblossom Press Power Pack
- Tim Holtz Sizzix Frightful Things die, Ghost Town die, Regions Beyond die, Cauldron die, Tag Collection die
- Tim Holtz Seasonal Catalog 1 stamp (CMS174), Halloween Cutouts stamp (CMS139), Mini Halloween 4 (CMS198), Monstrous (CMS307)
- Tim Holtz 3D Foundry embossing folder
- Alcohol Pearl deception, mineral, alchemy, villainous, splendor, smolder, envy
- Distress Mica Sprays
- Distress Ink dried marigold, milled lavender, old paper, black soot, antique linen, ground espresso
- Distress Marker carved pumpkin, crushed olive, squeezed lemonade, milled lavender
- Archival Ink shadow grey, watering can, coffee, potting soil
- StazOn Pigment piano black
- Tim Holtz Paper Stash Classic Kraft
- Tim Holtz Paper Stash Metallic Kraft
- Ranger Mixed Media Cardstock